A restoration job taking out newly fitted pots on this 1961 Gibson 335 and putting back the original Centralab pots that were in the case, really fiddly job ….like putting a ship in a bottle x 5! Advertisements
This guitar needed a fret dress as the owner was having fret buzz from the fourth fret to around the eighth. The fret pictured had to be taken out and reinserted because the tang wasn’t making contact with the fingerboard.
This guitar had an unsecured bridge which had lifted right off so I re-glued it, drilled a hole and inserted a small bolt with a nut on it and two small ones in the bridge slot. I finished the surface will rosewood pieces to hide the fixing. It is mega strong now!
I repaired the original machine head on this guitar as the support on the shaft had come away. Keen to keep it in as close to original spec as possible so I made a new support by modifying an old one from another guitar.
Another guitar from the Black Lace duo. This time a Les Paul in a very grubby state as it had lived in Spain for a while without much TLC. Needed a fret dress and general set up and electrics testing.
This Ibanez had been broken and the owner attempted a repair with his own glue, not a good look and the neck angle was set all wrong. Wood was missing from the front and the back so I had to break the neck again, put the wood back and repair it properly.
This guitar was brought to me with a broken headstock by the duo Black Lace. Here are some pictures of the various stages of repair.